Sunday, March 23, 2014

Technology and EBD

In the first article, by Julia Long she gives statics on what can happen if we don't help with children who have emotional and behavioral disturbances.  It is true children who do experience a hardship in learning tend to give up and quit. Some do know how to push through their issues while some don't know what to do. I do agree we should help students no matter what. But I also believe teachers and staff have to be equipped with tools so they can help.


Having the resources in technology could be a great advantage in a students outcome in life. But, we should give them the skills they need to survive life.  Not just a reward system. 


I like the second article about "Using Computers" for children with emotional and behavioral disorders. I think the article had a lot of value. It gave the reasons why we should use the computer as reward for students who experience outburst.  Technology can be a great tool for students if used properly and teachers are consistent with expectations. If teachers stay true to the students technology will only benefit the students.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn9wxOr4ofs emotional and behavioral disorder.


I worked with students who have had emotional and behavioral disorders. In my own experience it is easier to calm a student down if there is a person who will just listen to them. I never saw any student who had technology as a reward. I bet if that was an option students who have these disorders could have been more responsive to their learning environments. I do like the idea of using technology as another tool for students who have emotional or behavioral disorder.

1 comment:

  1. When I worked with students that had EB disorders, it was sometimes hard to get them off the computer once they were on it. Yet when they were on it they were very focused on what they were doing. I agree that teachers need to be consistent with expectations for technology to be a successful tool.

    ReplyDelete