Sunday, March 30, 2014

ESL and Technology

I honestly never thought but ESL students. Especially when it comes to supportive or adaptive technology to help them succeed in school. As I read the last article we only have the basics for ESL students Such as: electronics dictionaries and word processors to support students in writing.  This is a shame with all the wonderful technologies that are coming available to students with disabilities. The question is "why" don't we have stuff for students who come to our country? I feel like we are falling behind in technology for all students.


http://www.mastersinesl.org/blog/instructional-technology-tools-in-the-esl-classroom/ I thought this would be a great resource for teachers to look over. Since we are talking about ESL students.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErJaKKgnedY The ESL Classroom of 2016 is a ten minute video on the future. I thought this would be interesting to watch because it is the future and we should be prepared.




Most schools have a diversity of students from different countries. We should be ready and equipped in our classrooms to help those students. I do wonder if any schools talk about ESL students and technology. We shouldn't assume that they can learn like everyone else. I also believe their should be a class in technology to help them.

1 comment:

  1. We need more for these students. It is hard to communicate with these students as a teacher when they can hardly speak English. 3 of my ESL students do not talk at all during my math class. It is hard to tell if they understand what is going on some days.

    ReplyDelete